Wednesday 16 March 2011

I have very dexterous...

Thumbs. Yesterday, while putting off the writing of an essay assignment that is due in an hour, I found myself unusually engaged in a silly iPod game. Its gameplay required players (either male university students with a passionate and unwavering dedication towards procrastination, or eleven-year-old girls) to drag around fluffy little animals to various grooming stations in a virtual pet salon. Honestly - and I am ashamed to admit it - when I first turned on the app I had hoped that I would be able to learn a few things about pet grooming which I could then apply to my adorable yet increasingly mangy puppy. However, hours later (two hours and seventeen minutes to be precise), I realized that all I had managed to accomplish was the atrocious and graphic murder of time, as well as the extremely thorough and absolutely unnecessary exercising of my thumbs. Even so, it was undeniable that the pleasantly pink and charmingly cartoonish world of the virtual pet salon was just the escape I needed from my dreaded English essay. Also, in the time I spent trimming, washing, and drying cartoon pets, I've come to realize and appreciate just how dexterous my thumbs are, and in light of  this epiphany, this will be the first fact about me in Day 2 of my Blog Challenge.

Day 2 - Nine things about yourself


1) I have very dexterous thumbs.

2) I have a puppy, whom I love very much. Except when she poops on the carpet or chews up my slippers. >=[... >=T... =T... <=T... <=[... But I can never stay mad at her <=]. ~<3

3) I enjoy receiving hand-me-downs more than buying new clothes.

4) I am an excellent (okay okay... a decent) cook.

5) I will not forgo an opportunity to eat bad food late at night. I simply refuse to. It's a matter of principle really.

6) I rock the straw hat and batik shirts, but only in India.

7) I am a sucker for Disney movies. I mean the romance, not the subliminal sexual and racist messages.

8) I play the recorder. Yes, I still play the recorder.

9) I answer questions about myself if you will just ask. No, seriously, ask me something =].

Hope my handful of avid readers enjoyed learning about me. Who wouldn't? I'm that interesting. Not really. Commander JerBear signing off.

5 comments:

  1. I heard that if you get a piece of real leather for dogs, they will just chew on that and not on shoes and in your case, slippers.

    So, it is true that disney movies have subliminal messages? Hmm, time for me to maybe put that into some course paper one day. XD

    And good luck writing that paper! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn those cutesy games that you can't put down! D: Hahaha
    And you ARE an EXCELLENT cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello tres excellent cook :) AND YES, thumbs up to the batik shirts and fedora. ONLY IN ASIA!!! Wow.. the recorder eh.. I haven't played that in AGES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brodude!! I totally played the recorder for worship at church last year. It felt okay but the whole time I wished I was playing the violin instead (just a much sexier instrument you know?). So now I play the violin for worship.
    And you are an excellent cook! Also, I have stockpiles of chicken skin and pork skin in the freezer; hopefully there'll be a similar stockpile there (new, of course) when you come visit. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. annnd the straw hat WAS mine. hahaha

    ReplyDelete